Rancho Cucamonga Sex Crime Lawyer
California Sex Offender Registration Defense
Have you been accused of a sex crime in California? A person does not even need to be convicted of a sex crime to begin to experience negative repercussions. An allegation can strain familial relationships and friendships, jeopardize job eligibility, and create a social stigma within the local community. If convicted of a crime, however, a person can be subject to some of the harshest penalties under the law.
We understand just how overwhelming – and even frightening – a criminal accusation can be, and this is especially true for those who are facing allegations involving any type of sex crime. The attorneys at Newman & Allen have the experienced need to protect your future.
Are you facing sex crimes charges? Schedule a case review to see how our Rancho Cucamonga defense attorneys can help protect your future.
Sexual Misconduct With A Minor Laws in California
Section 261-269 of the California Penal Code dictates the definition of sexual conduct with a minor. This includes any person over 21 years of age who engages in a sexual act with a person under the age of 16, or who engages in a sexual act with a minor who is not more than three years older or younger than they are.
Penalties For Sexual Misconduct in California
This is a broad definition that doesn’t take into account issues of fraud or false accusations. There are many situations where one may be wrongly accused or lied to in regards to these serious charges. Those who are under 18 years of age are vulnerable to a number of criminal activities.
For this reason, they are heavily protected under California state laws. This consists of heavy penalties that can follow you for the rest of your life and permanent social stigma.
Personal, professional, and punitive consequences include:
- Registration on national sex offender’s listings
- Jail or prison time
- Permanent loss of freedoms, including the inability to use the internet or mobile devices
- Large fines and financial restitution
- Permanent loss of reputation in your community
- The inability to obtain or hold certain jobs, or to obtain certain employment licenses
- Loss of personal relationships
Understanding Internet Sex Crimes
With the advances of technology, issues of internet sex crimes have risen in the past decades. While many people believe they can surf the web with a reasonable measure of privacy, this is not often the case. Criminal investigations can take place without your knowledge and occur for years before you are ever made aware.
This includes instances of:
- Possessing or distributing pornography that features a minor
- Producing illegal pornography
- Sexual harassment or threats of sexual abuse
- Soliciting minors for sexual acts
When you’ve been accused of cyber sex crime your livelihood, freedoms, relationships, housing, employment opportunities, and reputation are on the line. In high-profile cases, your name may forever be linked with the crime, no matter the actual circumstances behind your accusation or if you were falsely accused.
Newman & Allen’s Sex Crime Defense Lawyers
At Newman & Allen, our dedicated Rancho Cucamonga criminal defense lawyers have helped clients throughout San Bernardino County for 20 years. We have the experience and knowledge to help you, no matter what your circumstances. As a former felony prosecutor, Attorney JC Allen has successfully tried more than 30 jury trials to verdict and has successfully argued preliminary hearings. Attorney Geoff Newman is the 2017 recipient of the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys' 10 Best award, recognizing him for client satisfaction.
Why Choose Newman & Allen?
- Newman & Allen is specifically focused on handling complex and major criminal offenses, ranging from minor felonies to major offenses.
- We deal with government investigations, arrests, and potential prison sentences on a daily basis.
- We know there will be no room for error when fighting sex crime charges and can be trusted to aggressively, tirelessly, and persuasively advocate on your behalf.
- As a former prosecutor, Attorney Newman understands that District Attorneys, law enforcement officials, and judges will not take sex crime allegations lightly.
- Our team’s experience along with Mr. Newman’s unique insight gained from being on the other side of the aisle gives your case the leverage it needs to secure the most favorable result possible.
Call our Rancho Cucamonga sex crime lawyers at (909) 328-6101 to schedule your free confidential case review.